venerdì 16 marzo 2012

Loch Ness - Legend of Nessie


Nessie...
who doesn't know about Nessie?! It's a well known monster of Loch Ness. The most iconic image was published in 1934, known as the "Surgeon's photograph". 

Visiting Loch Ness is my main reason to visit Scotland. I knew the story of Nessie since I was in elementary school, from the Doraemon comic book. Alhamdulillah, I have a chance to visit UK again, and this time I planned to see Loch Ness. 

Loch Ness is located in Fort Augustus, Inverness. I went there by my own, took a tour from Edinburgh. Along the way, I was smiling a lot,, still hard to believe that I could see Loch Ness. :D



Loch Ness


 Loch Ness

Scotland is no wonder has a spectacular nature. And Loch Ness is one of it. When I saw it, I record all its beauty in my mind. I couldn't remember how many times I said "beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...". I could not say any suitable words more than it. bellissima.

Swans on Loch Ness


Loch Ness from another side

Cruise Loch Ness

If you want, you can take the Cruise to go around the Loch Ness. Or maybe you want hunting Nessie :D

I walk around Fort Augustus. And see the Caledonian canal staircase lock system. It is a canal which connects the Scottish east coast at Inverness with the west coast at Corpach near Fort William and was designed and built by engineer Thomas Telford in 1803.

The canal was conceived as a way to provide employment to the Highland region. Before, Highland was very poor, many of the people were emigrating to Canada or to Scottish lowlands. 


Caledonian Canal

Caledonian canal

Fort Augustus is a small village that you can go around in 1 hour by walking. It's so peaceful. Great escaping place from your daily works.

Fort Augustus

Caledonian canal in Fort Augustus

Caledonian canal connects to Loch Ness


Visiting Loch Ness and Fort Augustus is my best moment. Hope I could go back again one day with all my family. 


ciao ciao,
-ems-

2 comments:

  1. waow... greaaat pics... so envy :P.. hehehe.. who doesn't know nessie?? me!! hehe.. really doraemon has that story?? i don't know it even i love doraemon so much.. hehehe... i wish your dream come true.. to go back again with all your fam.. amiiiin.. :)

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. thank you.. :)
      wow...but now you know about nessie. yup there is a story of Nessie in doraemon. aamiin,, wish you also can go there to see its beauty. :D

      Elimina